lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Throughput benchmark question - nasty ~1.5 second pause

From: Dave Nadler
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Throughput benchmark question - nasty ~1.5 second pauses
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:23:16 -0400

Thanks for the help Sergio, I'm a newbie...

On 3/15/2019 8:20 AM, Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
ST driver code wasn't freeing all frames in the Ethernet controller on ints,

What's an "int"?

do you have the "working" version ? (can't tell you which one)

No idea - I'm using whatever ST has circulated with recent version of their "CubeMX" package.
How can I find out if its the "working" version?

I particularly don't like watching screen snapshots, if you post a
capture I can try to look and let you know if I see something.

Please let me know what format you prefer and I'll try to obtain that from Wireshark on the PC.

At birdseye, looks like you are missing frames, I would start looking there.

The initial problem is a missing frame, which should not cause grief.
But the BIG problem is that it takes ~1.5 seconds for the LwIP app to retransmit, no?

Thanks again for the help!
Best Regards, Dave

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, address@hidden, Skype