lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Core locked checking when using the SNMP netconn implem

From: Harrold Spier
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Core locked checking when using the SNMP netconn implementation
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 09:12:41 +0100

I wonder whether there is something wrong with the current SNMP app implementation.
As long as all SNMP API functions are called by the same (SNMP) thread, there should be no problem.
In my opinion, only checking for core locked is not valid when using the SNMP netconn API.
But maybe I oversee something.

The benefits of using the netconn API for SNMP is the possibility to run the SNMP thread on a much lower priority than the tcpip thread.

I assume the issue can be solved by replacing all calls to LWIP_ASSERT_CORE_LOCKED() in the SNMP app by a call to LWIP_ASSERT_SNMP_LOCKED() and define LWIP_ASSERT_SNMP_LOCKED as LWIP_ASSERT_CORE_LOCKED only if SNMP_USE_RAW == 1.

Best regards,
Harrold