lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] socket-based HTTP server

From: Marco Lazzaroni
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] socket-based HTTP server
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 23:30:26 +0200

Il giorno ven 3 apr 2020 alle ore 10:05 Marco Lazzaroni <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Il giorno gio 2 apr 2020 alle ore 20:27 address@hidden <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Am 01.04.2020 um 09:40 schrieb Marco Lazzaroni:
> Hi all,
> sorry for such a basic question. I've developed an application based on
> the raw API, then I had to integrate an RTOS and I had to switch to a
> socket based API.

You can continue using the callback API when using an OS, you just have
to make sure you only call into lwIP core functions from tcpip_thread or
surrounded by LOCK_TCPIP_CORE()/UNLOCK_TCPIP_CORE().
Ok thank you, good news for me! I thought it was not possible to use both APIs at the same time.  In particular, I have integrated the mbedtls library in order to do a HTTPS notification from my application, but the web server will be a standard HTTP server as before. Obviously I have to look better in what you suggested and try to implement it.

It works and it is also much more efficient than before! Thank you again for your suggestion!
Cheers
 Marco