lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] 802.1D bridge

From: SimonW
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] 802.1D bridge
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 03:25:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi

Making very slow progress on this - it isn't a priority task.

Finally got 2 independent network interfaces working concurrently. I can get
them both to get address via DHCP. I can set either as the default and get
communication. One is using standard 'ethernetif.c' to MCU's internal MAC.
The other is using 'usb_ethernetif_freertos.c' - not sure if this is part of
the standard LwIP package, or if it is an NXP addition.

I've created a bridge using 'netif_add'. This appears to be successful. I
now have 2 questions:

1. Using 'bridgeif_add_port' for both the interfaces fails. This is because
the add is only supported if NETIF_FLAG_ETHARP /AND/ NETIF_FLAG_ETHERNET are
set. Although both interfaces are Ethernet, only NETIF_FLAG_ETHARP is set.
I've searched the code and can't find anywhere that NETIF_FLAG_ETHERNET is
set - ever. Do you know why?

2. If I force NETIF_FLAG_ETHERNET on for both ports, they are successfully
added. If I then ask the bridge to get an address by DHCP, it never does. I
can see DHCP Discover packets coming out of both ports with the MAC address
assigned to the bridge, but the response doesn't make it back. Am I missing
something obvious?