lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Recommended WiFi module for use with lwIP

From: Freddie Chopin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Recommended WiFi module for use with lwIP
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:32:55 +0200

On Mon, 2020-10-19 at 08:57 +0200, Tomasz W wrote:
> > If possible, I would really prefer something that works "out of the
> > box" - without a need to write a custom firmware for the module
> > itself
> > (;
>
> out of the box module
> https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/ATWINC1500

Thanks- very nice! I believe it can be used directly with lwIP when you
put it into "Ethernet mode" ("bypass mode"), as described in this
application note:

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/70005333A.pdf

Am I right here?

The price seems nice, brand guarantees proper availability, if only
using it with lwIP is easy then it's a very good option ideed! Have you
used this module with lwIP and maybe you could share some opinions or
pointers?

Regards,
FCh