lwip-users

[lwip-users] Connections to LwIP getting ECONNRESET

From: Douglas Burrell
Subject: [lwip-users] Connections to LwIP getting ECONNRESET
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 14:34:58 -0400

Hi, I had previously submitted this post:

"I have an STM32F746 running FreeRTOS and LwIP 2.0.2. My application has a TCP socket listening for incoming connections. Incoming connections are coming from multiple sources and occasionally these sources get an ECONNRESET error. I've tried turning up the number of TCP connections and this causes the time between these ECONNRESET errors to increase but does not get rid of them. What other LwIP parameters can I tweak to resolve this issue?"

Since this post, I was able to track down why the ECONNRESETs are happening. I've traced it to the "tcp_abandon" function getting called. The documentation indicates this function "Abandons a connection and optionally sends a RST to the remote host. Delete the local protocol control block. This is done when a connection is killed because of shortage of memory." I've tried tweaking the memory settings for LwIP but to no avail. Can anyone suggest settings to help with this?

Thanks,
Doug Burrell