lwip-users

[lwip-users] IPv6 SLAAC privacy extensions

From: Craig McQueen
Subject: [lwip-users] IPv6 SLAAC privacy extensions
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:38:34 +0000

Is it possible to use SLAAC privacy extensions in lwIP?

Currently, I am able to assign a link-local address that is derived from the interface MAC (EUI-64), using netif_create_ip6_linklocal_address(). I am able to get an auto-configured address for the NDP-advertised router prefix using SLAAC. Looking in the lwIP code at nd6_process_autoconfig_prefix(), it looks as though it does SLAAC with the host part of the address copied from the link-local address. Is there any way to do a privacy extension address instead?

--
Craig McQueen

Craig McQueen
Embedded Systems Engineer

:
:
:
+61 3 9780 4378
craig.mcqueen@innerrange.com
innerrange.com
 Inner Range • 1 Millennium Court • Knoxfield • Victoria • 3180 • Australia