lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update code and patches "RFC" :)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 16:28:53 -0500 (EST)

Thanh Ma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>>[...]
>> >    It should be set up with a separate WWW/Library/foo subdirectory
>> > for the objects, and an appropriate Makefile for the library in that, with
>> > a name perhaps more generic that m88k.
>>[...]
>> lynx2-6/WWW/Library/umaxv-m88k/Makefile.  The targets are called umaxv and
>>[...]
>
>I just got 2-6update to compile and running on umaxv.
>I did try to come up with a name. I like 'umaxv-m88k' most. gcc would
>call it m88k-encore-sysv3.

        My concern was that the target names in the top level make file
(umaxv and umaxv-slang) are more "generic" than the subdirectory name
(umaxv-m88k, which implies this is the start of a family of umaxv-foo
subdirectories).  One would expect that to be the other way 'round, since
everyone will have the directory tree break-out, whether they need it all
or not.  Also, I was wondering if a yet more generic "sysv3" subdirectory
name might be more appropriate.  In any case, the target name shouldn't be
less specific than the subdirectory name.

                                Fote