lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV A thought re: don't give a damn?

From: Jason Baker
Subject: LYNX-DEV A thought re: don't give a damn?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:38:19 -0700 ()

Just a thought regarding people who "don't give a damn".  They're usually
motivated by the people buying the website service from them - I had a long
argument with a guy I know who only designs for Netscape, not just because
he doesn't think there's anything else out there worth his time, but also
because his client's didn't care/didn't know any better.

I think a worthwhile activity is for lynx-dev to try to get it's voice
heard in the various rags, like Wired, PC World, etc.  Play the retro
angle if need be to get a story in the magazine, but that's where we've
got to push it.  Basically, we have to make it cool to use Lynx.  Once
people use Lynx, then sites will design with Lynx in mind.

Anyone on the list got a gift for the gab, and would be willing to talk
to various editors about story lines?

Jason

(Wondering why this is starting to sound like a revolution in the making...
 where's my camos? ^_^)