lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV libwww5

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV libwww5
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:41:14 +0900 (JST)

> THOUGHTS?

I truly hope you will get responses, but if you don't, please
don't be discouraged.  One problem with lynx-dev is that people
like me really shouldn't be on the list because we don't understand
what is going on.  Anyway, rather than pro/con (actually I'm all
for it if anyone does it), would you perhaps give us a short treatise
on WHAT the www library is?  About all I am vaguely cognizant of is
that half or more of the time compiling lynx is really compiling
the www library, and that Fote has overhauled the code (libwww3 ?)
so much that he calls it `libwww-FM/2.14'.  In more simple terms,
I mean why does lynx need this library?  For example, I know that
to get things printed on the screen, lynx needs libcurses (or slang
or ncurses).  Then I would like to know what libwww5 will be implementing
above what libwww-FM is presently doing.

If you think this information will be useful to lynx-dev as a whole,
please feel free to quote my question and post there.

Finally, I hope you will be able to forgive me for being such an ass____
in the past.  __Henry

679936 Oct 16 17:02 /home/acct/guest/lynx
794624 Oct 13 20:54 .lynx/lynx
us really should

>   Klaus
>

> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;