lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: downloading docs to local directory

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: downloading docs to local directory
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 19:18:18 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:
>In a recent note, Foteos Macrides said:
>
>>      I added SAVE_SPACE and LYNX_SAVE_SPACE in v2.5.  The v2.5 and
>> v2.6 lynx.cfg is the "self-documentation" for them. :) :)
>>
>Alas, I searched lynx.cfg for "download" and "directory" and missed it.
>I failed to search for "path" or "save".

        Well, ideally more and more of the "self-documentation" in
lynx.cfg and userdefs.h will be incorporated into the online 'h'elp
with appropriately titled links, but my impression is that as of v2.6
that's also become too large for people to read fully, or find what
they're seeking when they don't already know it, and therefore how
to seek it.

                                Fote