lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV RFW: search service

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: LYNX-DEV RFW: search service
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 05:42:03 +0100 (MET)

RFW means request for wishes :)

I'll be building search engine for the small part of the net and I'd like to
know what you would find usefull on that kind of service. Anything goes,
don't think about resources consumption, that's my problem :)

I thought I might run each page through SGML validator and report number of
errors on the page. With minor tweaking of HTML Pro DTD this should be
possible.
I might report number of BLINKs on the page and give the option not to include
pages with certain amount of nasties in the returned list.
I might put notice about Lynx friendly pages. This would require registry
service on lynx.browser.org. If the author inlines one of registrated URLs
such as http://lynx.browser.org/lynx_friendly.gif on the page, the page is
considered to be Lynx friendly.
I might report the size of the page and the size of the page with all of
inlined images.

Anything else?

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.