lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text browsers

From: --- Alvian ---
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: text browsers
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 96 02:04:45 +1100

Forwarded to Lynx-dev by a friend of Lynx:

>From: Matt Young <address@hidden>
>Our pages are designed to be viewed from a graphical browser, and
>this version of our site doesn't really cater for people with textual
>browsers.  The next version of our site due to be unleashed soon,
>will.

Ha, what a joke!

My (publicly accessible) bookmark page is designed to be viewed
from a text browser, and it will never really cater for people
with graphical browsers.  Try it with Lynx!  (Remember to use
-image_links to see where the images are.)  The page takes 2+
minutes to render *locally* with Mosaic (and it looks really
good) but 1 second with Lynx.

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~atm/lynx_bookmarks.html

Bye,
Alvian Tam.