lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 18:15:57 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrotes:
>> I'm not in a position
>> to excercise the more extensive DIRED_SUPPORT mods
>
>I believe that if you had exercised the DIRED stuff, the code would
>not have been in the broken state I found it in ;)  [quite a difference
>from the bulk of Lynx code which in general is well tested, an works.]
>
>> on and adequate range
>> of flavors, so it should be kept up by Klaus
>
>ok I can do that, but...

        I added it to today's lynx2-6mod.zip in http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx
so get and exercise that.  If it's OK, we can cycle it into the Composite
and LynxRP.

        Note that I again had to remove the code for setting the Lynx
User-Agent string as an environment variable.  It had been included
in the patch, without comment that it had been included.  Please be
more careful about that, OK?

>Now, is someody gonna try those damn patches and report on it, or do I
>have to go on and on in long-winded messages [...]

        Please do your best not to be long-winded, but we'll try to
cope with it if there's no alternative. :) :) :)

                                Fote