lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bookmarks - a better idea (?)

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bookmarks - a better idea (?)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:30:56 -0600 (CST)

You (Steve Holmes) wrote:
> That sounds like an interesting idea.  I would only have
> reservations concerning "lynx'isms" into rendered heml code.  But
> Netscapes does it also so.... As for saving bookmarks, Netscape simply
> adds it to the end of the bookmark file (in the last list) and any further
> editing has to be done through the bookmark editor provided.  What I like
> is the little pulldowns they add for the different subheadings of the
> bookmark file.Lynx doesn't presently have any features like that.
Greetings. Yeah it does :-) See URL:

http://www.paranoia.com/~filipg/TEMP/

And I might even play around with the idea of giving each current
sub-bookmark a list of sub-sub links... That would allow people
to create a sub-bookmark called "WWW" and than up to 26 sub-divisions
of that... You could have WWW.Validators, and WWW.References, etc.

Yes, you might want more... BUT, I think I might be able to work
this into my patch (with my meager C abilities) so if there is demand for
this, please let me know.

BTW, I think I will keep the structure and file definitions in the
lynxcfg file... do people want seperate file for everything (ie. each
WWW.* member would have a seperate file) or some scheme for keeping
it in one file (ie. WWW.* members in one file).

I could use something like this... so that's the only reason I'm
interested :-)

Take care.
;
;