lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Um, where are, say, the keystroke commands?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Um, where are, say, the keystroke commands?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:37:05 -0800

> From address@hidden Wed Nov 13 14:41:45 1996
> From: Al Gilman <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Um, where are, say, the keystroke commands?
>
>   From: address@hidden
>
>      I'm running Lynx and hit '?' to see the keystroke command and am now
>   seeing tons of information on Lynx except any type of keystroke
>   commands.  What happened?  :)
>
> This will be help for 2.6.  See if whoever installed Lynx on your
> system still has the 2.5 release of the help files around and get
> lynx.cfg to point to it.  Or get 2.6 on your system, with the
> help files installed right.
>
> Al Gilman

Again -- why not have a version-number sitting at the top of
each lynx help and other similar file, and then lynx can make
a short, 1-line complaint whenever it grabs such file and
the version doesn't match with that of the then-running
lynx (ie, itself, its own version).

Also: maybe a switch for "do version-check", for administrator
to use after installing new lynx, that opens ALL its known
local help, etc, files, and checks their versions...

;
;