lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:59:35 -0700

Doug Lawson derides my use of a last updated script.

Doug, Let's be realistic. I try to manage a large site with several hundred
pages (last count was about 750). There are about two dozen people providing
HTML content. What this means is that most pages are only edited when there
is new content! Thus my system works. Before I implemented it, many pages had
very ancient last modified dates that obviously hadn't been updated along with
the contents.

Like I said, there are many solutions for things. If you don't like mine, then
find your own. On the other hand, when you deride somoeone else's solution,
you loose creditability. Reasonable people reason together. It is the
unreasonable who tear down others without any constructive suggestions. I am
sorry you don't like my solution, but then, just choose not to use it.

Scott

PS Does anyone have any idea how plausible adding javascript support (at least
the parts that make sense in a text browser) is with Lynx? If someone wants
to really work on it, a contact with Netscape might be in order in hopes that
they would provide some definition of it - it is supposed to be an open
standard isn't it?

I would also be intrested in the plausiblity of adding Java support.

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,