lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Sun4 won't compile

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Sun4 won't compile
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 08:00:25 -0800 (PST)

> Weren't you on sunos4.1.1?  I had to give up on that system and upgrade
> to sunos4.1.3 because my libc.so.*.* files were acting up for some reason.
> I also had to change '/usr/5include' to '/usr/local/include', and '/usr/5lib'
> to '/usr/local/lib' for my target, sun4-*, in Makefile when I used gcc.

No, the original poster was using 4.1.1 and was/is having problems with
overlapping libtermcap definitions (or something).  I'm using 4.1.4 and am
having problems with a strerror() call.  My problem rears its head at the
final linking stage of compilation.  Although I do get numerous compiler
warnings about redefinitions of curses functions.  I'll try changing the
/usr/5's to /usr/local's.  Thanks for the tip!

Mike
;
;