lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV FILE_URL implementation?

From: Ryan Hung
Subject: LYNX-DEV FILE_URL implementation?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:38:33 -0800 (PST)

Does anybody know where the code for getting file URL's is?  That is, the
code that actually does the system call to get the directory listing?
(This is with DIRED_SUPPORT, BTW)  I checked in LYGetFile.c, and there
was only:

                    if (url_type == FILE_URL_TYPE) {
                        doc->address = LYSanctify(doc->address);
                        WWWDoc.address = doc->address;

The reason for this is that I'd like to hack it so as not to do a
directory listing of the 'ls -l' type, with the username presented, but
rather of the 'ls -ln' type, which just shows UIDs.  On our system, any
UID to username conversions tend to take extremely long.  Alternatively,
any suggestions as to how one could speed up UID to username mappings?  We
are currently just using /etc/passwd with shadow passwords installed.

                                                        Ryan.

 \_Apoptosis=programmed cell death/  \__/  address@hidden/  \__/  \__
_/ --you can't live without it!/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
 \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \My words Copyright (C) 1996  \__

;
;