lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 22:36:58 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, guest login (presumably aka address@hidden) wrote:

> Question, how come one cannot upload using the Lynx browser in a FTP site?

I guess because nobody has written the code for it...

Plus, for anonymous and "guest" type logins, one of the uses of Lynx,
it would have to be restricted anyway.

And then, how would one specify source file and destination?  It doesn't
seem to fit in the general Lynx user interface too well.

I guess one could invoke a different program, which already has what's
needed, from a Jumps file or even add the function to the DIRED 'F'
menu.

Having the HTTP 'PUT' method supported for uploads would also be nice.
But then, many things would be nice to have...

  Klaus

;
;