lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Latest updates: chartrans, Multi Bookmarks

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV Latest updates: chartrans, Multi Bookmarks
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 19:49:37 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       OK, we got the Unix box running again and I did the zip:
>
> 11-29-96
> [CHANGES file entries snipped, getting too long :)]
>
>       I updated the lynx.man and lynx.hlp for the new switch, but
> the online 'h'elp still needs updating.  The mods affect a lot of
> the help files, so I put that off until we're sure the code is stable.
> I'm sorry to say that this last rounded of mods involved 33 files.
> Sigh...

Sounds like a lot of work..

>       Klaus, when you update the charset mods, how about putting out
> a complete lynxKW with them.  It's just too complicated trying to piece
> it all together, and you should be handling the tweaks until that new
> code is stable.

I just finished updating

to add two new .zip files that update the latest Composite Patch and the
official Lynx2.6, respectively, to "11-28-96 CP + chartrans".  That should
simplify things somewhat.  It's still not a full lynx distribution though.

I'll wait with your latest round of changes till they have gone through
Hiram's hands and made it into his Composite Patch.  (just for my own
sanity :) )

  Klaus

;
;