lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Unable to download image files

From: James Cunningham
Subject: LYNX-DEV Unable to download image files
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:18:41 -0800 (PST)

To Lynx Users:
I have experienced problems downloading image files since we changed
versions of lynx on our system. Previously what I descibe below worked
fine.  Our system manager seems to  be unable to
figure out what is wrong and/or is just not interested in solving the
problem. So I decided to take the situation in my own hands and ask for
help. Let me run through the steps that I take to try and download a
file.
Click once on file name and I get the following message.
This file cannot be displayed on this terminal:
        D)ownload, or C)ancel
I type D and this point and get the following message.
Content type image:jpeg.  Then displays the number of bytes being downloaded,
Then you get the following screen.
        Download Options (Lynx Version 2-4-2)
        You have the following download Choices
        Please select on:
        Save to disk.
No other download methods have been definded yet.
You may define an unlimited number of download methods using the lynx.cfg
file.
At the point I press return.
Enter file name ______. I enter a file name
At this point I press return.
Then at this point in the past I would press the back arrow and it would
filename is deleated letter by letter.
When I get back to the Unix prompt I type ls to get a listing of the
files in my directory the file name is not there.

I hope someone can tell be what is going on. I will pass on the
information to the system manager. Thanks very much for the help.

             #                                               #
             #    James B. Cunningham, Ph.D.                 #
             #    Assistant Professor                        #
             #    Biology Department                         #
             #    Dominican College of San Rafael            #
             #    San Rafael, CA  94901                      #
             #    e-mail:address@hidden            #

;
;