lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Need help w/Usenet + Lynx

From: bobvan
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need help w/Usenet + Lynx
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:06:17 -0700

>Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>>On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Bob Van Alstene wrote:
>>

>>Are you using the 'd' command for dowmloading?  It sounds like you
>>have"SCAN_FOR_BURIED_NEWS_REFS:TRUE" (see Lynx.cfg).   Try starting lynx
>>as:
>>lynx -buried_news
>>and see if that helps.
>
>       You'd use that for a one-shot fetch, but when using Lynx
>interactively simply toggle to source ('\').  The news/nntp/snews
>gateway treats that as a request for the raw news artical headers
>and body, not for it's pseudo HTML as source, and that can be
>saved to disk and uudecoded.
>
>                               Fote

    The (\) got rid of the links, but left the "HREF=" and link characters
still there.  Do I have to write the characters down, and edit them out
later?  My viewer tells me it's using bad Huffman code, and I'm assuming
that comes from the extarneous characters.  Also, when I try the 'd' command
for downloading, it tells me "Nothing to Download."  I end up mailing the
file to myself and retrieving it through Eudora. Any explanation?  Where is
the lynx.cfg file?  I thank you for your help a million times over.

Help incredibly appreciated,
AV
address@hidden

;