lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV /etc/mailcap file.

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV /etc/mailcap file.
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 21:23:08 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>Is there any way to keep lynx from parseing or checking the
>/etc/mailcap or any mailcap file on starting up.
>
>I would just like lynx to use it's own definitions from the
>lynx.cfg file and maybe just check a /root/.mime.types file
>on startup.
>
>I see all that metamail mailcap code in HTInit.c, could this be removed?
>from where to where if possible.

        The global and personal .mailcap files can be defined in lynx.cfg
to override the default definitions.  Define them to non-existent files:

[...]
# The global and personal MAILCAP files allow you to specify external
# viewers to spawned when Lynx encounters different MIME types, which
# will overide any of the suffix maps in this (lynx.cfg) configuration
# file, or in src/HTInit.c.  See RFC-MAILCAP.txt in the docs subdirectory
# and the example mailcap file in the samples subdirectory.
#
#       Unix:
#GLOBAL_MAILCAP:/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mailcap
GLOBAL_MAILCAP:/none
#       VMS:
#GLOBAL_MAILCAP:Lynx_Dir:mailcap
#
#       Sought in user's home (Unix) or sys$login (VMS) directory.
#PERSONAL_MAILCAP:.mailcap
PERSONAL_MAILCAP:none
[...]
                                Fote