lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:09:14 -0500 (EST)

Mike Brudenell <address@hidden> wrote:
>As requested I have recompiled Lynx with the original (256) value of
>MAXLINKS again and produced a tracefile for our problem URL of:
>
>       http://www.york.ac.uk/ServerSupport/UsageStats/
>
>However the file is somewhat large (800+Kb) and I really don't think I
>should e-mail it to this list just like that!  ;-)
>
>So anyone who's interested can grab a copy from our anonymus ftp server:
>
>       ftp://ftp.york.ac.uk/pub/users/pmb1/lynx-trace.log
>
>I'll leave it there for a couple of weeks, say until 20/12/96.
>
>If you want me to try anything else out do please feel free to e-mail me
><address@hidden>.
>
>A couple of people suggested I might like to join the Lynx-Dev mailing
>list.  It had crossed my mind to do so.  However I'm afraid I already have
>an overloaded INBOX (~9 mailing lists so far) and (please don't hit me!)
>we are mainly a Netscrap Nappigator site, and provide Lynx for our small
>base of platform-challenged users.  Sorry!
>
>Thank you again one and all for your assistance!

        I'm reasonably confident that's a problem of memory exhaution.,
which triggers a false "bug" message that masks the one about your
process running out of memory.  Try the current mods code and let me
know if you now do get a more informative message about your memory
being exhausted (which doesn't help, but at least you know why it
exited 8-).

                                Fote