lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Need to know COUNTRY of links:

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need to know COUNTRY of links:
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 21:39:13 +0000 (GMT)

> Use '\' to view the html source, and the full of the link url will be
> available. Last I heard, "mil", "gov", "edu", "org", "int", "net", and
> "com" were all US-based, with everyone else in the world using a 2-digit

These are registered in the US, but int is explicitly for international
organisations, net is used throughout the world, and com is widely used.
They also tell you about the organisational structure of the originators
organisation, not its physical location.  A UK company might well be
.co.uk, but, if they understand domain names, their Australian branch
might well be part of the company.co.uk domain.

;
;