lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ISO-8859-2

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ISO-8859-2
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:08:11 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Pawel Wiecek wrote:

> I was pretty surprised, when I saw a message asking me if I want to save
> or cancel download of a page, that has "text/html;charset=iso-8859-2" sent
> as its mime type - using Lynx 2.6.

Czesc Pavel,

try Klaus' charset modifications (you know where to get them?) - they work
as it should. Pages like you have can be viewed with lynx 2.6, when you,
before entering the page, go to the Options menu and change Display
Character Set to ISO-8859-2.. But this makes ISO-8859-2 documents which
are not marked as ISO-8859-2 unreadable (tries to translate between
default - ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2 and thus gives wrong results) and you
have to switch back to ISO-8859-1, which is "transparent".

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden

;