lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 01:53:14 -0500 (EST)

> > I've been having some problems viewing
> >  http://espnet.sportszone.com  using lynx 2.6.
> > Anytime I try viewing anything ... , the pages for Dec 18th pop up.
> > I thought this may have been a web caching issue (I ...
>
> What `should' pop up?  I can only confirm that I get:
>                              ESPNET SportsZone
>                         December 18, 1996, 4:00pm ET
> This is with Lynx2-6+Hiram's11/30-slang on sunos4.1.3 compiled w/ gcc.

-- this misses the point made in the rest of the query,
ie that a different -- presumably more upto date -- version appears
using 2-5.

> It is interesting that the Dec 18th date corresponds to the `Last-modified:'
> date sent by the server: ...

-- using 2-4-2 (yup, i'm planning to try installing 2-6 today!),
i got the 961218 index page at the site, BUT further investigation shows
that the NFL game results are upto date for 961223.

-- this does seem to deserve a bit more comment from someone more expert
than me.  BTW there is a user FAQ link at the site, which is quite good,
but could be further improved by being told re Lynx ...
;