lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problem with Lynx

From: Andrew Holland
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem with Lynx
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 13:26:30 -0500 (EST)

To Whom This May Concern:
  I'm not sure if this could actually be classified as a bug, nor do I
know for sure if the problem has been corrected.  But I have found that in
all versions of Lynx that I have used, when the system gets hung up on a
"Looking up <address>" process, it hangs and you must either wait for the
minute or two for it to finally say Unable to connect, or you must press
Ctrl-C with irritatingly kills your URL history for that session.  Any
other process, such as Trying to connect to host, or Waiting for response,
or transmission of a long URL / file can be cancelled using Ctrl-G, as I
have found, but the Looking up process cannot be aborted and my provider's
system hangs on this very often.  Please let me know if there have been
any patches / upgrades for this or if there will be any in the future, to
allow the Ctrl-G command to break a lookup process.  Thank you very much!

                         Sincerely,

                         Andy Holland <address@hidden>

;
;