lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 06:52:25 -0800

> From address@hidden Thu Jan  9 22:58:28 1997
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 01:22:58 -0500 (EST)
> From: "gregory j. rosmaita" <address@hidden>

> On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Philip Webb wrote:
> > -- someone suggested it mt be a problem for the blind: wd it?

> i still favor the idea of a compile-time switch and/or (but prefereably
> and) a lynx.cfg file option that allows the speech user to force lynx to
> display checkboxes, radio buttons, and the like on single lines, much like
> the multiple-select option to checkbox feature...

Re "lynx.cfg" being used for LOCAL options (eg on a time-sharing
system, eg netcom.com, local t/s, etc).

I still think using lynx.cfg for LOCAL options (ie for a given user)
is user UNfriendly.  Why?  Because the user has to COPY the MAIN
lynx.cfg to HIS OWN home directory, hack it with the personal option,
and then get screwed when the system administrator puts up a NEW
VERSION of lynx with a corresponding NEW VERSION of lynx.cfg --
which action the USER might (a) not even know has happened
and (b) when he does realize it, have to RE-copy and RE-hack
the .cfg.  NOT real "friendly".

Just my opinion; I know that others disagree on this being a problem.
;
;