lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problem with URL http://wbs.net

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem with URL http://wbs.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 19:38:59 -0500 (EST)

I'm not sure what WebChat does, but was invited by someone to join a chatroom at
        http://wbs.net
I tried it and got a page full of [IMAGE]-Submit buttons + misc links to
WebChat FAQ, etc.  I read the WebChat info, then tried selecting one of the
Submit buttons, which didn't work.  So I sent mail asking for more info and
got the following reply.

I don't know enough about either WebChat or HTML to know what would be
involved in "supporting lynx" on their web page.  Thought I'd refer
it to lynx-dev.  Is this a lynx problem, a poorly constructed web page,
or a misunderstanting?
Has anyone else used a WBS chat room?  Is there any reason why lynx couldn't
handle it?  (assuming pictures of yourself aren't mandatory...)
--le

> From address@hidden Tue Jan 21 18:40 EST 1997
> From: WebChat Broadcasting System <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Lynx and WBS
>
> Unfortunately, WBS is so graphically oriented it no longer supports
> Lynx.  We strongly recommend Netscape 3.0 for your WBS and all
> other internet needs.
> We hope this helps.
>
> Thanks for your comments,
>
> Customer Service Department