lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re:What Do I Need To Get Started From:Patrick Saunders

From: Patrick Saunders
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re:What Do I Need To Get Started From:Patrick Saunders
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 23:39:21 -0500

I know this may sound strange but I want to use lynx at home. In my
University's computer labs they sue lynx and I link it. At home I have a IBM
Aptiva which runs Windows 95 as its OS. MY ISP is with IBM. I wanted to know
how do I get started setting up lynx from my computer. I want to have Internet
services available from a text only environment. I know on my dial-up account
at the University I use Hyper terminal to connect to the VMS/VAX system and use
lynx, Telnet, IRC, and FTP in a text only environment. Can I do the same with
my IBM ISP. MY ISP has PP/Slip connections to establish a TCP/IP connect.

What do I need to start out. I already have a FTP program that runs in DOS. I
was thinking I could use lynx as my Browser in DOS or via a VT100 terminal (or
some other) emulation. If I can establish a TCP IP via Hyper Terminal ( a
terminal emulation program) and set up a TCP/IP connection then what do I need
to do use lynx. Are there any additional parameters I need or programs. Maybe
my approach is wrong. Please let me know what to do.

E-mail me at address@hidden

;
;