lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Capturing newspost output

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Capturing newspost output
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:32:28 -0500 (EST)

While we're on the subject of interfacing Lynx with news ( :-), I was
wondering how to see the messages generated by inews in response to a news
posting attempt.  I've gotten posting to work on my home system, but my
ISP has a Sun box that runs too fast for my eyes.

The code in LYNews says this:
    stop_curses();
    printf("Posting your message:\n\n%s\n\nPlease wait...", cmd);
    system(cmd);
    start_curses();

I've tried a few things such as redirecting the stdout and stderr of the
defined INEWS path, but the output just seems to flash on the screen and
then vanish.  Any suggestions (not counting sleep(10))?

-----

WdUS{+X2e6mt${6._[/<C5~mEVeY5J1,6>U%N~y"Br4L6Lm%S0XI8RRTs"'address@hidden@address@hidden'"
 cKd3Acq&}J;,FhT"6d1[H=*<;o2?Z_RK&He4+Td%v3:47/5;A>0mBqsG-KB8l:\43FGDe;U
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"

;
;