lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Solaris 2.5 curses problem compiling lynx 2.6

From: Jeff Zucker
Subject: LYNX-DEV Solaris 2.5 curses problem compiling lynx 2.6
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:57:06 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm having troubles compiling Lynx 2.6 on Solaris 2.5 with gcc. I've looked
through the lynx-dev
archives and found suggestions to compile with -g instead of -O and to use
ncurses
instead of curses.  I tried the former and would rather not try the latter if
there's
other options.  The error message is attached below.  I'd appreciate it if
someone
could email me with any suggestions.

TIA,

- Jeff Zucker
  Lead Developer, Columbia University Health Sciences Curriculum Online
  address@hidden

errors:

  /opt/gnu/bin/gcc -g -DFANCY_CURSES -DUNIX -DSVR4        -DSOLARIS2
-DCURS_PERFOR
  MANCE -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DUSE_DIRENT     -DLOCALE -DHAVE_TERMIOS_H
-I../WWW
  /Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECO
  DE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT -I..   -c  LYClean.c
  In file included from LYCurses.h:50,
                   from LYClean.c:3:
  /usr/include/curses.h:321: parse error before `__va_list'
  /usr/include/curses.h:322: parse error before `__va_list'
  *** Error code 1
  make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `LYClean.o'
  Current working directory /usr/local/bin/lynx2-6/src
  *** Error code 1
  make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `solaris2'
;
;