lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6FM CHANGES file

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6FM CHANGES file
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:50:14 -0800

> From address@hidden Mon Feb  3 06:38:40 1997
> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 07:53:19 -0600 (CST)
> From: Joe Kincaid <address@hidden>
>   I have sorted through the CHANGES file to organize it by subject and
> created a hypertext index to assist in browsing. It can be found at
>
> http://www.peru.edu/~kincaid/lynx/changes.html
>
> which is an index into
>
> http://www.peru.edu/~kincaid/lynx/changes26.html

Nice job!

While playing with your nice file (the big one), perhaps
when you see something a mere USER needs to know (eg a
new FEATURE), perhaps add some greppable symbol, eg
"isfeature", to that text.

Thus a less knowledgeable(sp?) lynx-user would ALSO find
the (large) file useful, and could more easily skip the
detail-stuff he might not really need to know so well.

Just an idea.  Perhaps will make easier for average user
to find what's new so he's more likely to put pressure
on admin to install the NEW lynx...

;
;