lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Having LYNX try to run XV and still be FREE (gnu-FREE)?

From: Martin Hamilton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Having LYNX try to run XV and still be FREE (gnu-FREE)?
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 12:19:10 +0000

Tom Zerucha writes:

| I think xloadimage/xview is MIT/GPL "free" (the manpage points to the
| source but gives a brief description), handles the most common file
| formats, but is less flexible.  It should be included with most complete
| distributions of X11.

FWIW...

Martin

bash$ cat copyright.h
/* #ident       "@(#)x11:contrib/clients/xloadimage/copyright.h 6.7 93/07/23
  Labtam" */
#ifndef _JIM_COPYRIGHT_
/*
 * Copyright 1989, 1990, 1991 Jim Frost
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software
 * and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
 * provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and
 * that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear
 * in supporting documentation.  The author makes no representations
 * about the suitability of this software for any purpose.  It is
 * provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
 *
 * THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE,
 * INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN
 * NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR
 * CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS
 * OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE
 * OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
 * USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
 */

#ifndef __SABER__
static char *Copyright= "Copyright 1989, 1990, 1991 Jim Frost";
#endif
#define _JIM_COPYRIGHT_
#endif