lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV This blind user needs help

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV This blind user needs help
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 01:44:20 -0500 (EST)

Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Pierre Berube has gone off thinking this is a bug in v2.6 with no clue
> that it is a bug/misuse of the HTTP/CGI protocols by the script which
> handles that form, and thus no likelihood that the service will be
> corrected.
>
>       The exchange and perpetuation of ignorance and misinformation is
> commonplace in usenet newsgroups.  Is it wrong to expect a higher standard
> on lynx-dev?  I'm not trying to insult anyone, really, but a number of the
> regulars on this list have "bugs" and would do well to try harder to
> understand and correct those "bugs" in themselves.  Just a thought...
>
>                               Fote

Fote, you really do need to get off of this bash-all-those-guys-who-don't-
know-lynx-like-byte-for-byte thing (and I need to stop this just-keep-on-
hyphenating-until-you-asphyxate thing).  Not everyone on this list knows
Lynx as well as you do (in fact, I would be very suprised if anyone,
anywhere knows lynx better than you).  But everyone on this list wants to
answer all of the newbie questions, and, quite frankly, lynx COULD be
desined to do things in a way that would generate a FEW less newbie
questions.  (esph. by using defaults on things like that POST redirect
thing, and using the "user mode" option intelegently)  But, in the overall
scheme of things, we are doing a fairly good job of things.  Shure, we are
giving a false sense of you-should-upgrade-,-it-will-fix-everything, but, in
most cases, if lynx is being used enough on a site that someone notices a
"bug", and *actualy SAYS somthing about us to it*, they probably should
upgrade anyway.  And, we are improving all the time, as you constantly yell
at us "You stupid idiots!!! Its all his fault!!!" (add your own Stimpy
impersionation here (if you didn't get that reference, don't worry, its
cinda obscure (american cartoon))), and tell us all what we SHOULD have said.

Just my long-winded trunc(pi)-1 &cent;s <G>

        --- James Mastros
;
;