lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http:--add-url.altavista.digital.com-cgi-bin-newurl?q=http:

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http:--add-url.altavista.digital.com-cgi-bin-newurl?q=http:--www.flora.org-lynx-dev-html-
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:49:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> Some time when you're in Netscape, would you submit the two
> root URLs to Excite, too?
> I think Lynx [2.6] doesn't do the ENCTYPE that Excite wants.

I've sent these to Excite:
  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/
  http://129.237.17.75/lynx-dev/
From what I can see of Excite, Flora is already there.  However,
I use Altavista...

Since Altavista is rolling out LiveTopics, they are in a state of flux.
Perhaps readers of the lynx-dev list could post *polite* comments to the
Digital user survey at:

http://demos.altavista.software.digital.com/cgi-bin/livetopicssurvey.cgi

They do know of us:

Standard: if your browser does not support Java, select the
    Standard option. One of two interfaces appears, depending on the
    capabilities of your browser. The text interface is suitable for
    text-only browsers such as Lynx. Otherwise, the standard
    interface makes use of JavaScript to offer more features and
    better performance.

My main comment to them will be to have a text-only "no-tables" form.

------

;
;