lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:04:37 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
>>      The so-called 'd'ownload menu is not simply for downloading.
>> It is for passing a clean (unrendered, or otherwise manipulated) copy
>> (temporary file) of the resource to DOWNLOADER command strings or
>> scripts.  For example, one can view it with most, other spawned app,
>> then save it to disk (create a permanent local file), or invoke one of
>
>On an anonymous Lynx where I cannot allow people to "Save to disk",
>I've been thinking of simply deleating the default option from the
>code, but retaining the basic d)ownload capability and allowing only
>"View with most (+s)".  Would there be some kind of inherent danger
>to doing this?  TIA.

        Try:  -restrictions=disk_save

        It's described in the command line and online help, and in
the man page.

        It, unfortunately, does not also block the save to disk option
in the 'p'rint menu, only in the 'd'ownload menu.  Seems like it should
apply to both, so that would be a worthwhile project for a patch.

                                Fote