lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Java & Javascript

From: Henri Torgemane
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Java & Javascript
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:25:06 -0500

> "Javascript does not have any graphics capabilities, except for the
> ability to format and display HTML..."
>
>       _Javascript, the Definitive Guide_, O'Reilly & Assoc., 1997
>
> My project to implement BarryScript (a pale, sickly version of
Javascript,
> suitable for further experimentation and maybe an MS) is plodding along
at
> a reasonable pace.  Whys and wherefores (if you missed them) are in the
> archives.

I think I have read somewhere that Netscape was now licensing a
implementation in C
of javascript 1.1. This simply includes the basis, not the object model. (
and
it may not be complete, as the javascript 1.1 reference document available
on
netscape site ( http://home.netscape.com/eng/javascript/ ) keep some
behaviors
undocumented.
But the source code could probably not be put in lynx as a free software..

--
address@hidden      http://hpweb.utc.fr/~htorgema/

;