lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:22:53 -0500

> > Speaking of C, maybe Lynx 3.0 should move to a more object-oriented
> > approach?  I don't know if that would be a good idea - what do people
>
> Yes.

Are you guys talking about rewriting Lynx in some OO language?  Rewriting
parts of Lynx with a new design philosophy?

Perhaps an even better idea is to let Lynx continue on it's path while
spinning off a new project for those interested, using some OO language which
is freely available on VMS/Unix/MSDOS-Windows and designing it do do
the scrolling windows/better tables/other major rewrite features being
requested.

That way, the new browser doesn't have the baggage of trying to add in
code that is there because of the dozens, or more, hands that have touched
it, and instead takes into account HTML 3.2 (and future versions), etc.

;