lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV bg - fg = ok

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bg - fg = ok
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:06:45 -0800

(sorry for screwed up reply; I try again):

Someone replied to the effect of "You are going to have
to wait to hell freezes over for ^Z to do what you want",
implying that there was some reason WHY ^Z kills off
all current downloading, page-getting, etc.

I then TRIED to reply (and screwed up) "please tell us
the REASON for ^Z killing (not csh-"stopping" (temp))
work via the net -- once we UNDERSTAND it, maybe we
will quiet down about ^Z + bg + (later) fg.

It would surely be easier to be able to ^Z right
then when we NOTICED that the download or (more likely
) a page-get was going to take several minutes (computer
or net loaded down), rather than having to grab the
address into the copy-pasteBack buffer, and start
up ANOTHER entire lynx, just to get this one page --
in background, somehow.  And then, we have split our
www-browsing into two processes; no more SINGLE history
list.  (Assuming this is even possible).

Why not an OPTION that determines how ^Z works?

;
;