lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 15:54:42 -0500 (EST)

Jim Spath wrote:

> I'll go back to my original point, which was that some questions to the
> lynx-dev list go unanswered.  I suggested a tracking mechanism, so that
> folks who like to answer these questions can do it without missing some
> questions, or duplicating work.  I looked at the archive for December, and
> quickly found 4 reasonable questions that seemed unanswered (not even an
> rtfm).
>
> My longer description of this tracking proposal is at
> http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~jspath/lynx_service.html.
>
> How would an autoresponse be helpful, when the majority of questions
> actually are answered, and many posts come from semi-knowledgeable
> developer types?  I certainly don't want more mail from lynx-dev :-)
>
> ------
> <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/us/md/lib/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>

It looks like a good idea to me.  (But then again, I'm hardly a
semi-knowledgeable developer type. <G>)  However I don't really know what
you mean by "a few fields that parallel the question and answer mechanism".

 --- James Mastros

 (BTW - Shouldn't the "Send comments to address@hidden" be "Send comments
to address@hidden"?)
;