lynx-dev

Re: Colors in Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: Colors in Lynx
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:51:03 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden
  X-Personal_name: neal stone
  Subject: Colors in Lynx

  I love Lynx.  I am now using version 2.7 via telnet from a Windows 95 PC.  I
  need to know how to change the background colors so I can have an easier to
  read black background.  Any ideas?

The only color controls I have played with are those in my terminal
emulation program.  I found that the assumptions that came with the
program about how to map VT-100 screen styles to color did not suit
my taste.  [of course my taste is white on black, i.e. literal emulation
of a real VT-100 and skip the color, thanks]

There are some color controls in lynx.cfg.  But I would try to understand
what your Telnet Ap is doing about colors, and what you can do to
set preferences there, before addressing the mapping at the Lynx level.

--
Al Gilman

There have been a lot of posts to lynx-dev about this.  Consider
trying the archive search page at Lynx links to find them.