lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Idea/Question

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Idea/Question
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:17:21 +0900 (JST)

> >[ about RFC 2047 decoding ]
> > > Never experienced it working for Japanese.
>
> Looking at HTNews.c, it seems those routines (HTmmdecode, HTrjis) are only
> called for some headers when the article itself is shown, but not for the
> list of articles.

Sorry, it is indeed working in the article itself, at least for Subject:
(which becomes the <title> and <h1> at the top of the article) and Reply to:.
It does not work for the list as you say.

> > Lynx v2.6 (or later) includes these codes, but it dose not work well.
>
> Are there problems with HTmmdecode?

Now that I know what to look for, I'll be more careful in my observations,
but for now it seems to be okay.  (Would be nice to be able to read and
search in Japanese the list of articles, though.)

__Henry
;
;