lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Idea/Question

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Idea/Question
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:02:51 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> I don't know whether changing that would be a good idea;  the last time I
> checked I found that there were *many* news articles with improper charset
> values in the headers, so articles may actually become less readable
> rather than more readable.

Well, I would welcome lynx to do the translations (but probably only if we
safely know what the message encoding is), but I use pine for newsreading,
so it's no big problem for me.

> The only language-specific thing I find in HTNews.c is that some *headers*
> (Subject, Organization, From, Reply-To) are decoded if they contain text
> in the RFC 2047 format (=?ISO-8859-5?Q?.....?=) - and that is done only
> for Japanese.  I could extend that to other charsets, That could give more
> readable article listings in some groups..

And one more thing - lynx doesn't try to interpret postings encoded
Quoted-Printable, anyway..

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden