lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Copyright statement

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Copyright statement
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:23:24 -0500 (EST)

I am unclear why any copyright declaration needs to appear within
the 'lynx -help' display.  [i.e. start with the usage info]

I am assuming that we achieve a reasonable stab at a statement that
works for the Berne convention countries and .za too in the
display triggered by 'lynx -version'.

I am assuming that we mark the sources with appropriate copyright
statements.

The damage caused by "unauthorized" copying of a lynx binary is...?

The legal effect of displaying it in 'lynx -help' in addition to
'lynx -version' is...?

--
Al Gilman
;