lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV updating http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV updating http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 06:26:15 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
> http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/infra/lynx-home.html .

In the first 9 lines of the screen, you have "release," "port", and
"developmental version."  Perhaps just use the term "port."  People will
quickly understand the UN*X and VMS ports are more mature.

Yours:
-----
                                                     Lynx Information (p1 of 2)
                     News: Lynx 2.7 has been released.
                                    Lynx
   Lynx is a text browser for the World Wide Web. Released versions  run
   on VMS and various versions of Un*x. A port to Win32, and to DOS 386+
   via DJGPP are included in the  current developmental version.

My suggestion:
                                    Lynx
   Lynx is a World Wide Web text browser.  The latest release is [2.7].
   Ports exist for VMS and UN*X, as well as Win32 and DOS 386+/DJGPP.

------
But I'm quite used to being humiliated;
I can even go and stick my head in a bucket of water if you want...

;
;