lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Autoconf plans

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Autoconf plans
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:11:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> For VMS, there's my port of autoconf 1 (I'm still working on autoconf 2).
> Most configure.in for autoconf 2 can be tweaked to work with autoconf 1 if
> need be.
>    config.h
>    these config.h-mswin, config.h-vms, etc.  This replaces the old ...
> In the VMS case, and assuming autoconf is used there, there's no need
> at all for a separate config.h.
> What is needed is a separate configure.in for VMS (called configure.com_in)
> and separate makefiles (for now, I support MMS (DECs "make" for VMS) and
> MMK  (a free clone), so they'll be called things like descrip.mms_in and
> in the case there is a Makefile.in.in, descrip.mms_in_in).  I've done
> such work more than once...
>    We need those alpha testers to try this out on all the systems Tom
>    and I don't have, particularly SCO, HP, AIX, and DEC boxes.
> *waves with a little flag marked "VMS"*

Didn't I include you with the "DEC boxes"? :-O

I'll be happy to include your configure.com_in, etc.  into this effort.
How do you want to proceed?  You can put stuff up for us to collect, or
email Tom or me.

------
But I'm quite used to being humiliated;
I can even go and stick my head in a bucket of water if you want...

;
;