lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV win32

From: jonzonk
Subject: LYNX-DEV win32
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 03:58:01 GMT

First off, let me say thanks to Wayne for porting Lynx to win32.
I had been looking for some time for a text alternative to the normal
bloatware and now I'm as happy as a pig in slop ;)

However there are one or two minor annoyances that hopefully can be
fixed easily.

1) The "+", "-" and "Enter" keys on the keypad don't seem to work.

2) The color mapping is a bit strange. If I specify one color I get
another. The following are the ones that seem wrong.

gray->black
white->gray
blue->red
red->blue
Cyan->brown (mustard-yellow?)
brown->cyan
yellow->cyan

Also I couldn't find a color that displayed as white.

3) Printing creates a file with unix style line-feeds which is a PITA
on a PC. I wrote a VB program to convert text being sent to a local
printer (I will happily share it with anyone that wants it) but it
would be nice if the option could be built into Lynx.

4) Sending a downloaded file to an external program (such as an image
viewer) suspends lynx and the viewer has to be exited before
continuing with Lynx.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm whining. Apart from these few points I
really do love Win32 lynx!

--
jonzonk
;